Happy Wovember!

I came across something magical this morning: Wovember. I think this is a great project, and I can't help but admit that I've fallen victim to the dissociation between fibers and where they come from. I mean, it's one thing to know that wool comes from a sheep, or that angora comes from bunnies, but it's another to consider the whole process. (Nevermind that I'm bracing myself for the flurry of poorly executed moustashes emerging around campus this month) So, I'll be helping celebrate Wovember this month!


But now, I'm off to do my duty to herd immunity and go get my flu shot. I'm a bit nervous, as I'm super squirmy about needles. I gave myself a pre-shot treat at my favourite coffee shop while feverishly working on my research.


Happy Wovember!

3 comments:

  1. I may be joining you in celebrating Wovember! And don't worry about the flu shot, I'm sure you'll take it like a champ! You can always reward yourself with some real wool afterwards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @stephjmg I survived! With a sore arm and the promise of some poutine and beer after my seminar tonight! (And then perhaps some knitting with Shelter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful coffee! That's definitely a treat! *^_^* Hope it all went well for you today!

    ReplyDelete