Something New

I can't even begin to explain how ridiculous my week has been. Full of time in the lab, writing papers, preparing an oral exam and beginning to prepare for finals. I've only got 3 days of classes left, and a week until my first final! Eep! Needless to say I haven't really been knitting, though I did pick up my Acer Cardigan last night while taking a mental health break, renewing my desire need to have that. I'm working on it with Berroco Remix which is making up a lovely summery fabric. Hopefully I'll make more progress, since my need for mental health breaks is increasing rather rapidly.



In my goals at the beginning of the year, I resolved to go to the gym twice a week at minimum. Up until the term hit the fan, I was actually doing pretty well! So well, in fact, that I noticed that I need to go buy some new jeans. Mine are too big! It was a pleasant ego boost, but reminded me that I really need to keep up my activity. During the summer while I haven't got a pass at the school gym, my only real activity is running. I love running, but have always had problems with finding shoes that work for more than a month. So, I got myself some new and shiny Five Fingers! I've been starting super slow, but running around the block is a nice study break. I'm loving the feel of these. I feel so much more in control of my movement, it's really neat!


An added bonus is that they look hilarious. I passed a couple of high school kids while out a little earlier and blew by them to a chorus of "What is she wearing?!" I was super amused. Have any of you tried them? Or want to?

I hope you all have a good weekend! I'll be spending it at work and in the library. I'm determined to have one of my papers finished by Monday. Which would be 5 days early. How awesome would that be?

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha it's true they look hilarious!!!
    I'm not a big fan of running... but I love love love to bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look really funny. Good luck with your paper. My finals week is coming up super fast too.I'm not much of a runner but I love to ride my bike when the weather is nice. So I can't wait for the weather to break here. I shall be riding my bike around town alot. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look hilarious! I've never seen those before. I hope they are comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PandaBearofDoom

    I'm so excited for biking season, though that won't be for another couple weeks at least. Alberta's spring is so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Leah

    They take some getting used to, but I love to wear them! It's a whole new tactile experience for my feet!

    ReplyDelete