What's up, May?


Well, spring is happening in Ontario and it's awesome. I'm feeling refreshed after a couple weeks of low-key working time with plenty of knitting, coffee and open-window time. I even got to crack out my beloved sandals today!

This is going to be a huge month for me. The biggest thing is that I'll be heading to Italy for a three month research trip! This will be my first time really travelling by myself, which is terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. I have a ton of work to do before I go, including a bunch of lab work (fish maceration for the win!), bidding adieu to my current sardine can of a house and moving into a new apartment (THANK GOD) and deciding what to pack in a tiny suitcase. The most important packing decision is, of course, what I'm bringing to knit! I have a couple candidates that I'm working through, I'll post more about those soon! I'm also turning 24 which is terrifying. I remember when I thought I'd have my life together by now. Ha!

For now, I have a (typical) date with an iced americano, Parks and Rec (how have I not watched this before?!), and the never ending edging of my Rock Island shawl. Seriously, this thing is going on forever.

Happy Wednesday, and here's to an awesome May!
-H

0 comments:

Post a Comment