More adventures!

This last weekend I had the pleasure of heading down to New York City to attend NECSS. I had such a great experience attending my first skeptical event! It was great to be around like-minded people that aren't directly associated with archaeology. (I adore my anthropology/archaeology community, but it's fun to see what people who come from different backgrounds have to say too). I also got to see my favourite podcast, The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe, be recorded live twice, which was a whole other amazing thing on it's own. So many good things.
Apart from the sciencey side of things, it was also amazing to see NYC for the first time. It's overwhelming, loud and ridiculously fast-paced. But for all the honking and sirens, there is a ton of amazing stuff going on. I had a great time visiting Warby Parker, Purl Soho, the Lion Brand Studio, Stumptown Coffee Roasters and a ton of other places. My feet have barely recovered from the torture I put them through.

I had my final presentation for my thesis project, and only about 20 pages of writing stand between me and my summer! I'm furiously planning for my trip overseas and trying to keep focused. Clearly I'm doing a good job..

What are your favourite travel knits? Of course this is the issue at the front of my brain. To pack lace? Or not to pack lace. That is the question.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time! When i travel i like to take something simple and small, like socks... they don't require much space in your bag (leaving more room for "souvenir" yarn!) and you never really knit as much as you think you will when you travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about socks, but I absolutely loathe knitting them. I love having them, but making them just doesn't work for me. But compact is good because I plan on bringing home some treats!

      Delete