Hibernation Fare 101

Living way up in the Northern part of the world has it's advantages. We don't have to deal with insane high temperatures in the summer, we can see the northern lights (which were out last week!) and we have lovely long summer days.

What's not so good is that the leaves are already changing and the crisp breeze of fall is in the air. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to pull out  my hand knits again, but it's a bit sad seeing summer die before September is over. To help combat this chill (and the cold room in which I study) I've been a soup making machine.

I first saw this crazy delicious curried coconut zucchini soup on Steph's blog last year and made it almost instantly. It's super easy to make and has a pretty small list of ingredients that aren't hard to get a hold of at any time of year or state of produce. In the case of this batch, everything but the curry powder and coconut milk had come from a CSA delivery.


It only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish and is a hundred times more satisfying than opening a can  of Campbells.


I actually have an FO to show off soon, so I'll be back once I have some pictures of it! For now, I get to read about food and identity while devouring a fresh batch of soup.

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment